Thank you for thinking of BRC and those we serve.
When you donate items or host a goods drive, you help BRC to serve thousands of New Yorkers, providing them with the essential items they desperately need. Based on our client needs, below are our recommendations:
Toiletries (preferably packaged together for individual distribution, and all items must be new and in original packaging)
- Whole bars of soap
- Hand and body Lotion
- Disposable razors (no straight razors)
- Shave cream and gel
- Feminine hygiene products (limited amounts please)
- (No mouthwash please)
Small Apparel (Adult Sizes L/XL/XXL/XXXL) (All items must be new and in original packaging)
- Winter hats
- Ear warmers/ear bands
- Slippers (both shower and walking)
COVID-19 PPE (New only)
- KN95 masks
- Surgical Masks
- Hand Sanitizer (personal and larger dispensers)
- Cleaning supplies (Lysol, disinfectant cleaning wipes)
Other Apparel (new or slightly used, used items must be washed or laundered prior to donating)
- New or lightly used suits and work clothes
- We accept a very limited amount of winter coats – please discuss with BRC prior to donation
- Winter sweaters, sweatpants
Special “Gifts” (New only)
- Gift Certificates for movies, restaurants (no more than $20 per card)
We cannot accept:
- Used bedding of any kind (including mattresses, quilts, comforters, pillows, sheets or blankets)
- Soiled coats or clothing - we do not have the capacity to launder soiled donations
- Used footwear or used underwear
- "Leftover" food (please contact BRC in advance before bringing any food donations.)
- Sugary or alcoholic Beverages (soda/pop, juice, punch, hard-ciders, ice teas, etc)
- Any other items not listed above that have not been cleared by BRC's donor relations department (contact info below)
- When planning item goals for your drive, please be aware we try to distribute goods to all participants of the receiving program. The number of participants vary but range from 30-200 individuals. Please discuss with BRC your expectations so we can plan distribution accordingly.
- BRC cannot arrange pickup of items. All donated items must be organized to the best of your ability (recommended groupings above), and delivered in boxes, etc, capable of transport. Loose items or items in insecure packaging (broken bags, etc.) cannot be accepted.
- In-kind donation forms are available for your records. BRC cannot confirm the monetary value of your donation, only receipt of the items.
For questions or more information, please contact Miguel Guadalupe, Director of Donor Relations, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 212-803-5739.